The Wadsworth Constant is the fundamental idea that the true meaning of a video, conversation, or comment approaches importance after
approximately 30% of it has been skipped over.
The above definition, for instance, has 180 characters. After applying the Wadsworth Constant, we skip over 52 characters (29%). The definition now reads,
“the true meaning of a video, conversation, or comment approaches importance after approximately 30% of it has been skipped over.”
Wadsworth Constant: define #2
The Wadsworth Constant states that the first 30% of any YouTube video can be skipped as it is irrelevant.
Go to YouTube – pick any video and skip to 30%. Rewatch the whole video and see if the bit you missed at the beginning adds anything. If not the Wadsworth Constant is in action.
Wadsworth Constant: define #3
The Wadsworth constant, first postulated by Redditor Wadsworth, states that one can skip the first thirty percent of most videos while still maintaining the integrity of the content.
The constant itself is indicated by the lower case Greek letter Xi (ÃÂ¾).
By applying the Wadsworth Constant to the above text, we find that it is shortened to a much more readable version.
“One can skip the first thirty percent of most videos while still maintaining the integrity of the content.”
Wadsworth Constant: define #4
The Wadsworth Constant is the fundamental idea that the true meaning of a video, conversation, or comment does not approach importance until 30% or greater into said video, conversation, or comment.
Brian, I applied the Wadsworth Constant to that porn video you gave me and thankfully skipped all the dick sucking.
Wadsworth Constant: define #5
This is a theory by Reddit user Wadsworth stating that the first 30% of content is either irrelevant or not important. The remaining 70% should be perfectly able to provide with as much information as 100%.
This is originally intended for videos, in particular YouTube videos, but the principle should work with many different types of content.
This is simply thought as “skipping the intro”.
The first paragraph of this article is 206 characters long with spaces. Using the Wadsworth Constant and removing the first 30% (62 char.) of the text, we end up with the following:
st 30% of content is either irrelevant or not important. The remaining 70% should be perfectly able to provide with as much information as 100%.
If you were looking for a definition for the Wadsworth Constant, this sentence would have been enough for you to understand.
Wadsworth Constant: define #6
Related to watching movies on Youtube, the Wadsworth Constant is applied by skipping the initial 30% of a movie to jump directly to pertinent information related to the movie’s title/subject. This is to avoid any unnecessary preambles or filler content that would normally result in the watcher’s time being wasted.
a) Check out this sweet Youtube movie I found, use the Wadsworth constant to skip all the junk at the beginning.
b)Wadsworth constant applies.
Wadsworth Constant: define #7
As described on reddit.com by user Wadsworth. The theory is that for every video on youtube you can skip the first 30% without having a negative effect of the content. This has since been extrapolated to written content as well.
“There are 55 characters including spaces in this sentence.
According to the Wadsworth Constant we should remove the first 16.5 characters, let’s give it a go.
ld be known as the Wadsworth Constant.
It is also known in the Wadsworth Constant that we should round to the nearest logical point. We are left with:
Be known as the Wadsworth Constant.”
Source of quote: notsofatthrowaway